Gold coast 80's misic...
dale.o'neil
2010-10-23 08:23:04 UTC
Hi Guys
I was scanning looking for the V8 cars talking and found some 80's radio
station on 77.400 on my Uniden scanner... WTF??? what is this... does anyone
know ?

There is also music on 470.900 ??

Thanks
Tom
2010-10-23 09:33:04 UTC
Post by dale.o'neil
Hi Guys
I was scanning looking for the V8 cars talking and found some 80's radio
station on 77.400 on my Uniden scanner... WTF??? what is this... does anyone
know ?
There is also music on 470.900 ??
Thanks
Do a search on acma site.

77.4000000 MHz 16K0F3E Twd 2way Bilbrough Lookout SPRINGBROOK (39464)

470.9000000 MHz 16K0F3E Small Broadcast Tower within Broadcast Enclosure Golf Course Rd MOUNT TAMBORINE (14001)

Tom
Mark Smith
2010-10-24 01:30:25 UTC
I think one of the commercial Techs here on the Goldy has a channel playing
80's music on comms frequencies from a rather elaborate set up in his abode,
I think our Petey Pal can shed a bit more light on this if he wants to, I no
nothing myself.

That's why we need to de-regulate Australian Radio and Television
Broadcasting because a lot of people want to provide broadcasting services,
to believe this is the stomping ground of only a privileged handful is a
national blight/disgrace and should be fought and complained about
regularly, just like I am doing now and into the future with some friendly
independent Federal Politicians.

Stephen Mayne (Mayne Report) reports the poker machine industry are gearing
up with a rearguard action to keep in place their similar privileged
position ripping $10 billion dollars a year off mainly people who can't
afford to be ripped off, not quite the same ugliness but essentially the
same thing is happening in Broadcasting, we have a long way to go
Australia!!!!!
atec77
2010-10-24 01:51:31 UTC
Post by Mark Smith
[...]
Might be time to fire up the pirate tx again and break the monopoly
Post by dale.o'neil
Hi Guys
I was scanning looking for the V8 cars talking and found some 80's radio
station on 77.400 on my Uniden scanner... WTF??? what is this... does
anyone know ?
It's a NAS on the Gold Coast:

http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/client_search.client_lookup?pCLIENT_NO=1146388
Post by dale.o'neil
There is also music on 470.900 ??
Sea FM?

http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/assignment_search.lookup?pACCESS_ID=8174071&pDEVICE_ID=8172529
Station X
2010-10-24 02:20:03 UTC
Well well ladies. Looks like Dan's finally got it on air! It's a VHF
NAS Service just like any one of many ethinc ones on 152 mhz. He
decided to use the VHF Low Band allocation instead.

I don't know much more at this point. I'm going to assume it's
possibly not at full power yet.
Station X
2010-10-24 02:29:10 UTC
Also the UHF freq is used by Sea &/or Gold for foldback to ob sites.
You will hear the studio panel operator talking to the talent. Almost
anything can be sent back down this channel. It depends on how the
guys are running the OB on the day.

OB main audio back to the studio is on the standard 850mhz STL. Then
off to the mountain for every one to hear.