Moe hands over police communications to ESTA
Radar
2012-03-20 06:33:04 UTC
Victoria Police successfully transitioned the fourth of five regional
police D24 communication centres to the Emergency Services
Telecommunications Authority’s (ESTA) Ballarat State Emergency
Communications Centre on Sunday, replacing the old Moe D24 police
communications centre.

The transition is part of Victoria Police’s Integrated State-wide
Emergency Communications (ISEC) project.

The project will see all regional police D24 communication centres in
Ballarat (transitioned December 2010), Bendigo (transitioned July
2011), (Mildura transitioned December 2011), Moe (transitioned March
2012) and Wangaratta hand over police call taking and dispatch to ESTA
by the end of 2013.

Inspector Mick Suttie from the ISEC project team said the transition
went as well as could be expected.

“Everything went very smoothly yesterday and I’m happy to report that
ESTA is now managing all police call taking and dispatch for the
Gippsland area,” Insp Suttie said.

“This is an important milestone for both Victoria Police and ESTA in
providing the best emergency service response to the community.

“I remind everyone that for the most efficient response in an
emergency, call Triple Zero (000), not local police.

“With Wangaratta to go, we look forward to transitioning final D24
police communications centre by the end of 2013.”

ESTA will eventually manage the call taking and dispatch services for
all regional Victorian emergency services in a world first, uniting
police, ambulance and fire within a single, purpose-built facility.

Radar
lindsay
2012-03-21 03:37:31 UTC
Post by Radar
Victoria Police successfully transitioned the fourth of five regional
police D24 communication centres to the Emergency Services
Telecommunications Authority’s (ESTA) Ballarat State Emergency
Communications Centre on Sunday, replacing the old Moe D24 police
communications centre.
<Snip...>

Does this mean anything reception wise? They will all stay as they are,
on analog. I have no probs picking up Ballarat police here in melbourne..

Cheers
Mick
2012-03-21 09:29:53 UTC
Post by lindsay
Post by Radar
Victoria Police successfully transitioned the fourth of five regional
police D24 communication centres to the Emergency Services
Telecommunications Authority’s (ESTA) Ballarat State Emergency
Communications Centre on Sunday, replacing the old Moe D24 police
communications centre.
<Snip...>
Does this mean anything reception wise? They will all stay as they are, on
analog. I have no probs picking up Ballarat police here in melbourne..
Cheers
All remains the same Lindsay exept instead of sworn officers doing the job
it will be ESTA personnel,
Don't adjust your scanner mate. I had a hard enough time try to teach you
via email on how to use it :-P
lindsay
2012-03-24 19:16:09 UTC
Post by Mick
All remains the same Lindsay exept instead of sworn officers doing the job
it will be ESTA personnel,
Cool :)
Post by Mick
Don't adjust your scanner mate. I had a hard enough time try to teach you
via email on how to use it :-P
Too many bloody buttons for me..:)

Cheers
Peter
2012-03-21 09:00:25 UTC
Post by Radar
ESTA will eventually manage the call taking and dispatch services for
all regional Victorian emergency services in a world first, uniting
police, ambulance and fire within a single, purpose-built facility.
Radar
One of the things that came out of the fires was lack of central command
however the phrase putting all ones eggs in one basket comes to mind.

What could go wrong!
:-P
Clean RF is good RF
2012-03-22 05:16:12 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Radar
ESTA will eventually manage the call taking and dispatch services for
all regional Victorian emergency services in a world first, uniting
police, ambulance and fire within a single, purpose-built facility.
Radar
One of the things that came out of the fires was lack of central command
however the phrase putting all ones eggs in one basket comes to mind.
What could go wrong!
--
:-P
True indeed and I certainly have similar misgivings - but I guess we are
lucky that it hasn't been outsourced to an Indian call centre <g>

Good afternoon sir what is the nature of your emergency? Whilst you are
waiting for the operator, can we interest you in changing to us for your
mobile phone contract - or would you like us to check your bank balance to
make sure you have sufficient credit to pay for the ambulance. And how about
a free set of steak knives!