Does any scanner listener still use this group?
Mike From Newcastlescan
2011-03-15 11:16:35 UTC
We have had a major and exciting change to NSW GRN and no one is
talking about it...

Any one want to roll call here... Name, Suburb, State

Cheers
Mike
www.newcastlescan.com
StrandElectric
2011-03-15 23:16:42 UTC
Yes Mike

The GRN has gone over to P25 digital, which can be read nicely on the 396.

I witnessed the NSW Fire and Rescue come over and test all their Northern
NSW appliances one by one. Then a temporary control channel was in use. They
have just reverted to the old control channels but of course it is all
digital. The analogue system is closed.

Near Gan Gan
www.newcastlescan.com
Barry OGrady
2011-03-15 23:41:00 UTC
On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:16:42 +1100, "StrandElectric"
Post by StrandElectric
Post by Mike From Newcastlescan
We have had a major and exciting change to NSW GRN and no one is
talking about it...
Any one want to roll call here... Name, Suburb, State
Yes Mike
The GRN has gone over to P25 digital, which can be read nicely on the 396.
I witnessed the NSW Fire and Rescue come over and test all their Northern
NSW appliances one by one. Then a temporary control channel was in use. They
have just reverted to the old control channels but of course it is all
digital. The analogue system is closed.
Near Gan Gan
www.newcastlescan.com
r***@shack.net
2011-03-28 05:10:23 UTC
On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:41:00 +1100, Barry OGrady
Post by Barry OGrady
At least the police are still using analog.
Not in the metropolitan areas - it's all P25 encrypted.

The only analog police traffic i've heard here on the Central Coast
(NSW) is the emergency liason channel (Channel Whiskey ~ 468.750MHz)
and regions outside Newcastle.
Barry
2011-03-28 07:44:04 UTC
Post by Barry OGrady
At least the police are still using analog.
Not in the metropolitan areas - it's all P25 encrypted.
The only analog police traffic i've heard here on the Central Coast
(NSW) is the emergency liason channel (Channel Whiskey ~ 468.750MHz)
and regions outside Newcastle.
There is a lot of analog traffic on 404 Mhz here in Newcastle.
I think it is a link channel.