QLD Ambo and Fire Codes
Mark LEWER
2004-01-30 12:05:55 UTC
Can anyone advise or point me in the direction of a web site that lists the
job codes/unit numbers for QLD Ambulance and/or QLD Fire

Thanks
Newsworthy
2004-01-31 01:02:06 UTC
I can't think of anywhere off the top of my head.

The only way I can think of to get unit numbers would be to sweet talk your
local Firecom or the state authority to get them to release a CAD list for
you.

Of course, they probably wouldn't. Unless someone on here was in either QFRS
or QAS.

I know the job list for the QAS that I have is now out of date, as their job
codes no longer match what I have. But QFRS's code list is still the same I
think. I've got that if you want it.

Good luck, and if you find them, pass it on to me! :)

Nick
Thanks
Steve
2004-01-31 03:18:06 UTC
Post by Newsworthy
I can't think of anywhere off the top of my head.
Teeee heeeee ha ha ha hhhhhaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

7 NEWS rules!!!!!!
Newsworthy
2004-01-31 07:12:42 UTC
Just check the ratings my friend :)

Seems Nine's still the one :P

Nick
7 NEWS rules!!!!!!
lg
2004-01-31 03:31:45 UTC
I have a book called 'Scanner Fanatics frequency register".

Published by DP Thiele
3/33 Shelton St
Mt Gambier

I'ts an oldd tricky Dicky book

Has it all in the back

LG
Thanks
Archangel
2004-01-31 11:31:54 UTC
"Newsworthy" <***@iinet.net.NOSPAM.au> wrote in message news:<401afe8d$0$1747$***@freenews.iinet.net.au>...

<snip>
Post by Newsworthy
I know the job list for the QAS that I have is now out of date, as their job
codes no longer match what I have. But QFRS's code list is still the same I
think. I've got that if you want it.
Can you give me some code examples? - I might be able to help but I
want to check I'm thinking of the right thing...

-A
Ross
2004-01-31 06:07:38 UTC
Qld Fire Codes

Code 1 - no sign of fire or smoke
Code 2 - fire or smoke showing up
Code 3 - grass or rubbish fire
Code 4 - alarm reset, returning to station
Code 5 - completed at incident, returning to station
Code 6 - maliicious false alarm
Code 7 - unavailable
Code 8 - reporting to OIC
Code 9 - casulaties
Code 10 - washing off roadway
Code 11 - justified false alarm
Code 20 - high rise procedure
Code 30 - no lights and sirens
Code 40 - not required
Code 50 - returned to station
Code 99 - building fully involved
Code Red - priority message

Qld Fire Appliance Codes:

xx is the station number

1xx 1st pump
2xx 2nd pump
3xx 3rd pump
4xx Teleboom
5xx Rescue Tender
6xx Hydraulic Platform
7xx Turntable Ladder
8xx BA/Hazmat
9xx Pumper/rescue
TRxx Technical Rescue
CRxx Command Rescue
Rescuexx Technical Rescue
BAxx BA support
ORxx Off Road
LPxx Ladder platform
FCU Fire Control Unit
FIU Fire Investigation Unit
HSV Hazmat Support
Thanks
kevcat
2004-01-31 12:11:28 UTC
This is what I have for the QFRS

Fire Codes
1 Arrived at Call, no visible signs of fire, investigating
2 Arrived at call, smoke and / or fire visible, investigating
3 Arrived at call, area of bush, grass, rubbish or trade waste on fire
4 Investigation completed, returning to station
5 Returning to station
6 Malicious false alarm, notify police
7 Returning to station, Not available
8 Arrived at incident, reporting with officer in charge
9 Casualty(s) has been located, ("Code 9 1 MA" - 1 - Male - Alive)
10 Arrived at call, fuel or other substance
11 Justified call
12 Ambulance required
13 Electricity Authority required
14 Police Required
15 Gas company required
16 Turncock required to control water supply
17 Gas examiner required
20 High Rise proedure in use
30 Responding (no lights or sirens)
40 Stop message received - appliance off call
50 Returned to station
99 Building well involved in fire
Full Turnout Responding (lights or sirens)
RED-RED-RED Used by both mobiles and base stations to clear radio
traffic to allow a message of urgency or upmost priority

Case Action
1 High Pressure small hose
2 Large hose from mains supply
3 Large hose from pumper
4 Case 3 but drawing from a static water source

Car No. Abrev Purpose
1 Water
2 Water
3 Water
4 T.A.P. Telescopic Aerial Pumper
5 E.T. Emergency Tender - Extended Rescue and Control Vehicle for large
Situations
6 Aerial Hydrolic Platform
7 High Rise ladder
8 HAZMAT - Onscene BA Replenishment
9 Combination water and rescue
OR off road vehicles - usually 4x4
11
14
21
22 Area Director
23
25
34
35
36 HSV HAZMAT - Health and Safety Vehicle
37 HAZMAT - BA replenishment van
44 F.I.U. Fire Investigation Unit
99
RACE 1 Response Advise to Chemical Emergency
RACE 2 Response Advise to Chemical Emergency

I thought I had some Ambo stuff but can't find it
must be on one of my old CDs
Thanks
kevcat
2004-02-01 01:54:23 UTC
Ambo codes from the "Radio Recievers Register of QLD" book

Job codes

01 Clear freq-urgent msg for transmission
1 Ambo Officer in trouble-needs Police assistance
2 Cardiac arrest
3 Dr required at casualty
4 DOA
5 Manual assistance req
6 Dr req at location
7 Undertaker req at location
8 Unable to attend any further case
9 Back up Ambulance req
10 Fir Services Req
11 Power wire down-Energex req
12 Noxious/poison gas
13 Danger of explosion
14 Ambo in collision
15 Patient or officer injured
16 Police required at location-not urgent

proceed codes
red lights & Siren
blue asap, no light & sirens
green clinic transport

others
BC Brisbane control
CVA Cadio-Vascular attack
MVA Motor vehicle accident

these may be a bit out of date but it's all I have

Cheers
Kev
Thanks
Newsworthy
2004-02-01 11:42:31 UTC
Ahhh, FYI

The proceed codes used here for QAS are like, 1,2,3.

Code 1 being urgent, 2 being mild - serious, 3 being transport - mild.

I know each code has like a letter code. I've heard codes like "Proceed Code
Two-Alpha"

Not sure what the letters entail.

Also, like your CVA's, they have an "ALOC", which I believe is "Awake, loss
of consciousness" or something similar. I've also heard SOB (Shortness of
breath) and FOP (That might be a police code, but its something that comes
over all the time)

Steve would know, he knows paramedics. Where are you steve?

Nick
Thanks
kevcat
2004-02-01 12:13:57 UTC
No problem
like I said it is an old book

looks like they have changed
probably the whole code system

Cheers

Kev
Thanks
Match

Thanks
Paul Young
2004-02-02 10:42:46 UTC
QAS
code 1 lights and siren (immediate life threatening)
code 2 no lights / siren - ASAP
code 3 non life threatening
code 4 pre booked cases.

Alpha = Intensive Care Paramedic
ALOC = Altered Loss of Consciousness
FOP = think about it, Full of Piss (Drunk)

also Sorry Kev but QAS don't use the 16 code any more.
they use a American system, As QAS confirm all code 1's over the radio, it might
be a 10D1
listen to the car someone will ask for Alpha support and say that the person has
Chest Pain. So a 10 is chest pain
29 is a road accident and so on. Listen to QAS and you will find. Yes it will
take time but you will get it.

Cheers
Paul
Thanks
Paul Young

Thanks
Archangel
2004-02-03 09:03:16 UTC
Post by Paul Young
also Sorry Kev but QAS don't use the 16 code any more.
they use a American system, As QAS confirm all code 1's over the radio, it might
be a 10D1
listen to the car someone will ask for Alpha support and say that the person has
Chest Pain. So a 10 is chest pain
29 is a road accident and so on. Listen to QAS and you will find. Yes it will
take time but you will get it.
Cheers
Paul
Thank you Paul - this was an example code I was after.

The list is from a system called ProQA from an American company MPD -
also used by the MAS in Victoria (more info -
http://www.medicalpriority.com/ProQA.html).

Basically the codes are a number/alpha/number i.e. 29D1 - the first
number (prefix) is the main type code (listed below) - the letter is
the response type (or determinate?) A, B, C or D - A being least
serious to D very serious and the last number (suffix) is like the
sub-type.

The system is used internationally so the main codes should be the
same:

01 - Abdominal Pain
02 - Allergies/Stings
03 - Fainting Episode
04 - Assault
05 - Back Pain
06 - Breathing Problems
07 - Burns
08 - HAZMAT
09 - Arrest - Cardiac/Respiratory
10 - Chest Pain
11 - Choking
12 - Convulsions
13 - Diabetic Problem
14 - Drowning
15 - Electrocution
16 - Eye Problem
17 - Fall/Back Injury
18 - Headache
19 - Heart Problems
20 - Heat/Cold Exposure
21 - Haemorrhage
22 - Industrial Accident
23 - Overdose
24 - Pregnancy/Miscarriage/Childbirth
25 - Psych Problem
26 - Sick Person (Lots of sub types for this code - generally an A
response)
27 - Stabbing/Gunshot
28 - Stroke
29 - Traffic Accident
30 - Traumatic Injury
31 - Fainting
32 - Unknown/3rd Party

Full '29' code:

29A1 - Traffic Accident : Not Dangerous Injuries
29B1 - Traffic Accident : Injuries
29B2 - Traffic Accident : 3rd Party Situation
29D1 - Traffic Accident : Multiple Victims
29D2 - Traffic Accident : Pedestrian/Motorcycle/Bike
29D3 - Traffic Accident : HAZMAT
29D4 - Traffic Accident : Trapped Victim
29D5 - Traffic Accident : Ejected Victim
29D6 - Traffic Accident : Not Alert
29D7 - Traffic Accident : Sever SOB

-Archangel
Archangel
2004-02-03 14:57:27 UTC
Post by Archangel
The system is used internationally so the main codes should be the
01 - Abdominal Pain
02 - Allergies/Stings
03 - Fainting Episode
Sorry 03 is actually Animal Bites/Attacks - Not Fainting Episode

-A
Lushy
Thanks
Lushy
Thanks
w***@gmail.com
Hi Kev, those Codes are way out of date and we never used Code Red, Blue or Green. For responding.
Matt
2004-01-31 21:43:29 UTC
:-)

Qld Fire Codes

Code 1 - no sign of fire or smoke ARRIVE @CALL NO VISIBLE SIGNS -
INVESTIGATING
Code 2 - fire or smoke showing up ARRIVE @CALL,SMOKE/FIRE VISIBLE -
INVESTIGATING
Code 3 - grass or rubbish fire ARRIVE@ CALL,AREA OF BUSH/GRASS ON FIRE
Code 4 - alarm reset, returning to station PART OR ALL ALARM RESET/RETURN TO
FIRE BUSINESS
Code 5 - completed at incident, returning to station NO LONGER
REQUIRED/RETURN TO FIRE BUSINESS / RETURN TO STATION
Code 6 - maliicious false alarm / NOTIFY POLICE
Code 7 - unavailable RETURN TO STATION / NOT AVAILABLE
Code 8 - reporting to OIC ARRIVE @ CALL / REPORTING TO OIC
Code 9 - casulaties CASULTY LOCATED (M/A- male/ambulance - M/C-
male/cororner
Code 10 - washing off roadway ARRIVE @ CALL,WASHING (FUEL/OIL) FROM ROAD
Code 11 - justified false alarm
Code 20 - high rise procedure
Code 30 - no lights and sirens NORMAL ROAD RULES

Thanks
Steve S.
2004-02-02 03:53:24 UTC
Ok, the codes are good - now can someone explain what is meant by messages
like "at work case 1"?

S.
Post by Ross
:-)
Qld Fire Codes
INVESTIGATING
INVESTIGATING
Post by Mark LEWER
Can anyone advise or point me in the direction of a web site that
lists
Post by Ross
the
Thanks
Newsworthy
2004-02-02 08:55:02 UTC
I can only presume that means that the first pump is at work at the
incident. I thought each pumping unit (9xx) had indivual pumpers within
that, so like, 1 to 3.

Now I'm just getting into territory that I know nothing about. :p

Nick
Post by Steve S.
Ok, the codes are good - now can someone explain what is meant by messages
like "at work case 1"?
S.
Post by Ross
:-)
Qld Fire Codes
INVESTIGATING
INVESTIGATING
Post by Mark LEWER
Can anyone advise or point me in the direction of a web site that
lists
Post by Ross
the