NSW Police UHF frequencies
Digital Mayhem
2004-12-28 23:40:36 UTC
I was sitting here in my shack having a scan and started to wonder what UHF
frequencies may be ACTIVE in the regional areas of NSW.

SCANNSW and Newcastlescan have the metro areas pretty well covered on their
lists. But I was thinking about the other area's.

Checking the ACA database shows the frequencies that are registered, but
these are not always ACTIVE.

I thought perhaps, that other group members could add to this list of other
UHF frequencies that are active in their area's of NSW

468.225 Eden - analogue
468.500 Bega - analogue
469.200 Bombala - analogue
469.400 Queanbeyan - analogue
468.425 Nimmitabel - analogue
468.800 Cooma - analogue
468.300 Nowra - analogue
469.000 Nowra - analogue
468.050 Hunter Valley - analogue
469.100 Hunter Valley - analogue
Martin
2004-12-29 03:00:33 UTC
Post by Digital Mayhem
I was sitting here in my shack having a scan and started to wonder what UHF
frequencies may be ACTIVE in the regional areas of NSW.
SCANNSW and Newcastlescan have the metro areas pretty well covered on their
lists. But I was thinking about the other area's.
Checking the ACA database shows the frequencies that are registered, but
these are not always ACTIVE.
I thought perhaps, that other group members could add to this list of other
UHF frequencies that are active in their area's of NSW
468.225 Eden - analogue
468.500 Bega - analogue
469.200 Bombala - analogue
469.400 Queanbeyan - analogue
468.425 Nimmitabel - analogue
468.800 Cooma - analogue
468.300 Nowra - analogue
469.000 Nowra - analogue
468.050 Hunter Valley - analogue
469.100 Hunter Valley - analogue
Depends what you call 'regional'..

When I was in Lightning Ridge there were no UHF channels active at all
around the area - too far from Metro regions to worry about I guess!! I
presume far out regional areas like this will be similar.
Digital Mayhem
2004-12-29 03:35:31 UTC
Ok, what I was meaning was, if you have UHF Police channels ACTIVE in your
area add them to the list.

Basically Sydney, Illawarra and Newcastle are already well known.

It was the rest of NSW that I was talking about
Mike
2004-12-29 04:11:15 UTC
Post by Digital Mayhem
I was sitting here in my shack having a scan and started to wonder what UHF
frequencies may be ACTIVE in the regional areas of NSW.
SCANNSW and Newcastlescan have the metro areas pretty well covered on their
lists. But I was thinking about the other area's.
Checking the ACA database shows the frequencies that are registered, but
these are not always ACTIVE.
I thought perhaps, that other group members could add to this list of other
UHF frequencies that are active in their area's of NSW
468.225 Eden - analogue
468.500 Bega - analogue
469.200 Bombala - analogue
469.400 Queanbeyan - analogue
468.425 Nimmitabel - analogue
468.800 Cooma - analogue
468.300 Nowra - analogue
469.000 Nowra - analogue
468.050 Hunter Valley - analogue
469.100 Hunter Valley - analogue
don't know the frequencies but the analogue channels are....

51 Cootamundra
51 Young
9 Bethungra (Mt Ulandra)

There is nothing remotely close to digital out here...

Mike
ScanMAN
2004-12-29 07:02:36 UTC
Hi Guys.
Get a decent list together and I'll add it to the country police page
on ScanNSW.
These are constantly changing around the state withthe country radiop
network upgrade, so some current info would be good.
By the way, you can't always trust the ACA data base.

Dave
Mike
Blocker
2004-12-29 12:54:46 UTC
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:02:36 +1100, ScanMAN <***@tryitnow.org>
wrote:

Not too sure on the actual channels but someone here will have enough
time to look them up.

Albury - Holbrook (Chan U) Vote 85
Howlong - Corowa (Chan U) Vote 82
Tarcutta - Little Billabong (20k nth Holbrook, Chan W) Vote 87
Out Urana way i.e. Walla Walla, Walbundrie etc (Chan U) seem to be
mixed over 85, 82 and 80. Never had time to actually check what
channels they were however Albury Ch is 468.350

Cheers,
Mick.
Mike
Mathew M.
2005-01-02 07:37:32 UTC
Post by ScanMAN
Hi Guys.
Get a decent list together and I'll add it to the country police page on
ScanNSW.
These are constantly changing around the state withthe country radiop
network upgrade, so some current info would be good. By the way, you can't
always trust the ACA data base.
Dave
I'll see if I can find my actual NSWP list.
--
Mathew M. <***@spiesNOSPAMareus.yi.org>
GPG public key ID: 0x3DDC1413

This post contains a chemical or chemicals known to the state of California
to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. This (these)
chemical(s) may be harmful to your health.
Jimmy
2004-12-29 07:03:46 UTC
Okay,

For UHF Analogue Police in The Coffs Harbour area:
These frequencies are all linked together from Kew to Yamba.

469.100mhz - Mount Coramba
Covers Coffs Harbour, Urunga, Bellingen.

468.150mhz - MT YARRAHAPINNI
Covers Macksville, Bowraville and Nambucca.

468.075mhz - Mt CAIRNCROSS
Covers Port Macquarie, Telegraph point,
bathurstscan
2004-12-29 15:16:49 UTC
468.725 - Lake Cathie
468.075 - Port Mac
468.825 - Taree ( recvd Lake Cathie)

Dave
Okay,
Wade Smith
Troy R.
2004-12-30 11:13:52 UTC
Tamworth has Ch26 (468.475 from memory).
Bathurst used to also have a Ch26 repeater as well.
Post by Wade Smith
well bega is best on 468.8250...
bathurstscan
2004-12-31 17:26:23 UTC
For some reason, 468.475 (Ch26) is gone from Bathurst!!! Anyone know why!!
Only VHF 78.5875 now!!! Very faint signal instead of the loud UHF signal!!

Dave
Post by Troy R.
Tamworth has Ch26 (468.475 from memory).
Bathurst used to also have a Ch26 repeater as well.
Post by Wade Smith
well bega is best on 468.8250...
wb
2004-12-31 21:04:20 UTC
It might of broke, and the techs at Penrith aint going to rush up to use a
Xband frequency only really used during the races.

They might of switched it off?!

Who knows but 10 years ago most centres in Central and Mid West had UHF
Xbanders which have all but gone except Bathurst.

Lithgow use to be on Ch28, Orange on 13, Dubbo on 9, Parkes on 51..... all
gone when the 2FS system went in.
Post by Troy R.
Tamworth has Ch26 (468.475 from memory).
Bathurst used to also have a Ch26 repeater as well.
Post by Wade Smith
well bega is best on 468.8250...
Brian
2004-12-31 23:52:21 UTC
Apparently the BX x-band went off the air as well (with all the other
x-banders) when the new BX channels went in the other month. The local SES
rang Penrith techs to tell them it had broken down and they said it wasn't
broken it was gone. They also asked why the SES asked. Apparently all of
the SES VHF radios supplied to them by the Police for their rescue response
had broken down and they were now using a UHF radio to access VKG for
rescue. As a result the techs said they would put the x-bander back on air.

How long this actually lasts is anyones guess and the channel 26 x bander
seems to be dropping in and out constantly. It was off the air a couple of
times the other week when the tower it was on was continuously copping
blows from the lightning sweeping thru the area.

Probably wouldn't surprise me if someone had just walked in the shed and
flogged the whole repeater knowing full well no one would come to check on
it on New Years eve. Wouldn't be the first time a base had been flogged
from out the Central and Mid West quite a few have gone over the years.
Post by Troy R.
Tamworth has Ch26 (468.475 from memory).
Bathurst used to also have a Ch26 repeater as well.
Post by Wade Smith
well bega is best on 468.8250...
Brian
2005-01-01 03:59:47 UTC
I just saw in my email that the last time the base went out (that I know of)
David posted on the 7 December that it went out over night (along with the
VHF).
Post by Troy R.
Tamworth has Ch26 (468.475 from memory).
Bathurst used to also have a Ch26 repeater as well.
Post by Wade Smith
well bega is best on 468.8250...
ScanMAN
2005-01-01 00:09:16 UTC
As stated earlier. The whole country police system is currently
undergoing a huge upgrade. They might even be on a new channel.
Anyone checked?

Dave
Post by Troy R.
Tamworth has Ch26 (468.475 from memory).
Bathurst used to also have a Ch26 repeater as well.
Post by Wade Smith
well bega is best on 468.8250...
johnboy
2005-01-01 01:08:33 UTC
There is a entire new VHF vote group in Central West, using same/similar
freqs but on a new voting plan with new sites and all new Tait gear. The VHF
radios have a totally new profile. There was no real intention to leave Ch
26 at Bathurst except for the race track. Its the SES's problem to fix their
own VHF radios, not the cops.

The UHF might get fixed, it might not, techs were keeping it together with
20 year old bases and sticky tape, or it might wait till the next operation.
Brian
2005-01-01 04:02:21 UTC
Sure the cops didn't need to fix it for the SES but they did, because they
spoke to a nice tech not a grumpy one :) It was also put up because some of
the BX SES members have channel 26 in their UHF handhelds as well. So while
the cops don't need to keep the base there it was done as a nice thing to do
I think.

As you said though who knows how long till it next gets fixed, and that all
depends on who gets sent out there to fix it as well. It may very well work
worse than it does now depending on who is dispatched to that end of the
world.
Digital Mayhem
2005-01-05 06:12:31 UTC
Did anyone else have any frequencies and areas throughout NSW to add to this
list ??

Thanks in advance
bathurstscan
2005-01-10 00:10:29 UTC
79.6000 is being used in Bathurst, very good freq... 78.5875 is still
working fine, 79.6 has louder audio, like the uhf freq did.. Ive had many
emails asking what new freq is.

Seems like everyone in Bx had 468.475.

The only UHF left is the digital one during car races.

Dave
Bathurst