Avalon Airshow freqs - any to add to this list?
Jason Reilly
2007-03-07 09:58:59 UTC
Hi all,
With the airshow getting underway at Avalon airport near Geelong in a bit
over a weeks time, I thought it would be nice to list what I've had & heard
in the past at the airshow, and to trawl the ACMA database to see what is
licenced.
The most changeable set of frequencies belong to Tech Rentals - and with
those listed below, the ones with a '07 are the ones currently licenced to
Avalon - the other Tech Rental listings may or may not be valid.

What other frequencies do you have that could be added to the list?

44.4000 RAA Helo
116.1000 ATIS
118.2000 Avalon south & PA
119.1000 Display
120.1000 Avalon Tower
122.0000 ATIS East
123.4500 Air to Air
125.4000 Avalon East
126.2000 Roulette
126.3500 Air to Air
127.5500 ATIS
127.8500 Avalon airport P/L
128.2000 Old Avalon East Apron
129.2000 Avalon East director
129.3000 Avalon Apron
130.2250 Jetstar Avalon
131.0000 Airservices Aviation Rescue Fire Fighting
131.5000 Qantas Avalon
133.9000 Roulette
136.1250 Jetstar Avalon
160.9875 CFA Geelong
161.0875 CFA Geelong
161.1125 CFA Geelong
161.1750 CFA Geelong
161.2125 CFA Air to gnd
161.2250 CFA Geelong
301.5000 RAAF refuel
314.6000 Avalon Tower
321.2000 RAAF refuel
342.0000 RAAF Air to Air
344.4000 Avalon Tower
462.6250 Avalon VicRoads
469.6250 Qantas Avalon
500.8000 Airservices Aviation Rescue Fire Fighting
504.0875 Tech Rentals Simplex
504.4125 Tech Rentals Simplex
505.0000 Tech Rentals Simplex
505.1375 Tech Rentals Simplex
505.1750 Avalon Tech rental on site repeater '07
505.2375 Tech Rentals Simplex
505.3000 Avalon Tech rental on site repeater '07
505.4375 Avalon parking
505.4750 Jetstar Avalon
505.5125 Avalon Tech rental on site repeater '07
505.6000 Avalon Tech rental on site repeater '07
505.7125 Tech Rentals Simplex
505.7625 Tech Rentals Simplex
505.7750 Jetstar Avalon
505.8250 Avalon Tech rental on site repeater '07
505.9000 Avalon Tech rental on site repeater '07
506.0250 Tech Rentals Simplex
506.0625 Tech Rentals Simplex
506.1125 Avalon Tech rental on site repeater '07
506.3250 Avalon gates
506.3750 Tech Rentals Simplex
506.4125 Avalon Tech rental on site repeater '07
506.6250 Avalon buses
506.6375 Avalon security
506.6750 Tech Rentals Simplex
506.7125 Avalon Tech rental on site repeater '07
506.9750 Tech Rentals Simplex
507.0250 Avalon Tech rental on site repeater '07
507.3250 Avalon Tech rental on site repeater '07
507.6250 Avalon Tech rental on site repeater '07
--
To reply directly from this news group message,
please remove the STOP and JUNK and change
all 'z' to 's' in my email identity shown here.
Jason Reilly
2007-03-09 11:18:32 UTC
Hi all,
I've done a bit more research, and I've found that many of the 'simplex'
frequencies that were listed in my first email are no longer valid.
I think this list will be better:

[...]

The following list are those simplex frequencies listed to Tech Rentals (TR
Corporation) either Victoria Wide or Australia Wide, and some belonging to a
subsidiary of TR Corp, Bearcom. They might be handy to have just in case
there:
505.8875
506.3375
506.8500
509.6250
509.8250 Bearcom
509.8750
519.6000
519.6250 Bearcom
519.9250
519.9750

Ta - Jason
n***@nospam.com
2007-03-10 04:24:49 UTC
On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 22:18:32 +1100, "Jason Reilly"
<***@optuznet.com.auJUNK> wrote:

<snip>

You might need to check your Avalon Tower freqs again, because some of
them were decommissioned years ago. The current information for Avalon
Tower and the Airshow are here:

http://www.airservices.gov.au/publications/pending/ersa/FAC_YMAV_15-Mar-2007.pdf
http://www.airservices.gov.au/publications/current/sup/s7-h01.pdf
Jason Reilly
Kate
2007-03-12 00:29:56 UTC
Post by Jason Reilly
Thanks for that, every little bit helps.
Enjoy the show, I just got a free preview of the F111 doing its thing.

Kate
--
ЛРAБДA ЛРAБОСУДЯ У СОБЕТ ДОРОГА
- КАТЯ
mick_lalor
2007-03-12 20:19:44 UTC
Post by Jason Reilly
Thanks for that, every little bit helps.
Jason the VicRoads frequency is not a dedicated one just for the
Airshow. You'll find a lot of the Melbourne metro maintenance crews
using it as well.
c***@optusnet.com.au
2007-03-13 20:10:50 UTC
Gday Everyone and who is going to take there Radios to the Avalon air
show.

Regards Lino.
ScanAustraliaPix
2007-03-14 00:07:29 UTC
Gday Everyone and who is going to take there Radios to the Avalon air show.
Regards Lino.
hi all
i 'may' be doing a live stream

the freqs listed above are great and will be used
all depends on the 'net' access nearby on the weekend (friday-sun)

send thru any new ones you get
anyone with suggestions email me or post here

currently testing a F1 stream for this weekend
links to these streams will be on www.MitH.com.au

hopefully there will be some reception form my new base
currently getting track security etc loud and clear

also look at the f1 group
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/f1scanner/
for more on this

GD
2007-03-14 04:28:42 UTC
Today (wednesday) lunchtime, the Roulettes did a display over Albert Park,
probably carrying an F1 driver as they often do, but nothing was heard
on 133.9000.
What else might they be using?
AA
UHF - no idea what freq
veritas
2007-03-14 07:02:30 UTC
Try that freq x 2? Some VHF/UHF stations do that.....
Post by GD
Today (wednesday) lunchtime, the Roulettes did a display over Albert Park,
probably carrying an F1 driver as they often do, but nothing was heard
on 133.9000.
What else might they be using?
--
.
.

READ CAREFULLY. By reading this article, you agree solely, and/or on behalf of your employer, to
release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements,
licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure,
non-compete and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my
ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to release me
from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of yourself and/or your employer.
ScanAustraliaPix
2007-03-14 12:53:14 UTC
Post by GD
Today (wednesday) lunchtime, the Roulettes did a display over Albert Park,
probably carrying an F1 driver as they often do, but nothing was heard
on 133.9000.
What else might they be using?
mmm, thats weird

they usually are 133.900 when chatting/doing routines
search the other air freqs
often out of point cook or essendon

you will hear them on melb radar coming and going
F1 ATC - 125.400 (previous freq)

check the video on my normal stream (ch216)
www.MitH.com.au
ill also add them to my F1 stream

ps anyone see the helo fly in this arvo (2pm-ish)
pix later
Jason Reilly
2007-03-16 20:25:41 UTC
From my list of Roulettes freqs used in the past (some taken from smaller
shows, or from a two-ship display)
126.2000 Roulettes
133.7000 Roulettes
133.9000 Roulettes
134.1000 Roulettes
135.5000 Roulettes & Pt Cook tower
257.1000 Roulettes
264.5000 Roulettes
268.8000 Roulettes
288.6000 3 Sqn Zulu & Roulettes
325.8000 Roulettes
335.8000 Roulettes
375.4000 Roulettes

There, that should keep you busy for a while...
ScanAustraliaPix
2007-03-17 00:06:41 UTC
From my list of Roulettes freqs used in the past (some taken from smaller
Post by GD
Today (wednesday) lunchtime, the Roulettes did a display over Albert Park,
probably carrying an F1 driver as they often do, but nothing was heard
on 133.9000.
What else might they be using?- Hide quoted text -
mmmm
nothing heard on their warm up or flight this morning
ive added all those freqs
and many of these -
http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/site_proximity.nearby_sites_list?pLAT=-38.100581&pLONG=147.14941

AP ATC was loud and clear as they got clearance 125.400
Melb Radar was also clear with them 135.700

?????

ScanAustraliaPix
2007-03-18 10:11:02 UTC
Kev
2007-03-18 11:11:38 UTC
Post by ScanAustraliaPix
hi
went to my normal photo spot for the GP air display
roulettes were active on all the control channels but NOT on 133.900
close call on one of my scanners (92xlt) went off a few times on the
airband as they flew over pretty close
unfortunately each time i was taking closeups of the aircraft
overhead....
so
yes they are still around
no i bloody well missed them :(
but i did get some ripper photos :)
hopefully will get more info by next weekend
Well get ya friggin act together will ya
sheesh what's the point of having a scanner if ya gonna waste time takin
happy snaps

:)

Kev
ScanAustraliaPix
2007-03-18 23:04:50 UTC
Post by Kev
Post by ScanAustraliaPix
hi
went to my normal photo spot for the GP air display
roulettes were active on all the control channels but NOT on 133.900
but i did get some ripper photos :)
hopefully will get more info by next weekend
Well get ya friggin act together will ya
sheesh what's the point of having a scanner if ya gonna waste time takin
happy snaps
:)
Kev
ha

just heard them 10am monday
133.900mhz

so they do live!!!!

also a flyby on the CBD today at 12.30 of up to 20 various aircraft
associated with the airshow
the new C17 is leading it

keep an eye out

anyone going to the airshow give us an email and we can meet up
also another stream for it should be up over the next few days

c***@optusnet.com.au
2007-03-20 06:22:32 UTC
Hello everyone the next few days there will be a lot of aircraft
arriving in Avalon and a lot of Planes arriving from all over
Australia and these are the frequencies that they will be using and
saturday should be a great day.

123.750 MELBOURNE CONTROL
125.700 MELBOURNE CONTROL
127.000 MELBOURNE CONTROL
128.500 MELBOURNE CONTROL
135.300 MELBOURNE CONTROL
135.700 MELBOURNE RADAR

119.100 CTAF GEELONG
126.200 MBZ POINT COOK
120.100 AVALON TOWER
129.300 AVALON TOWER
Regards Lino.
ScanAustraliaPix
2007-03-20 13:15:37 UTC
Post by c***@optusnet.com.au
Hello everyone the next few days there will be a lot of aircraft
arriving in Avalon and a lot of Planes arriving from all over
Australia and these are the frequencies that they will be using and
saturday should be a great day.
Regards Lino.
hi all

added another stream for the weekend airshow
head over to mith.com.au
http://mith.com.au/wordpress/?page_id=27

please leave any other freqs that should be added
(a full list will be on the site shortly or direct by email)

might not make it down there due to work :(
the next best thing is a stream :)

bigpond
2007-03-21 07:57:16 UTC
Just Adding to the list

124.800 Avaion Unicom Helicopters

The guys tranfering client to & form Avalon is using this freq
ScanAustraliaPix
2007-03-23 23:23:50 UTC
Post by ScanAustraliaPix
Post by Kev
anyone going to the airshow give us an email and we can meet up
also another stream for it should be up over the next few days
ok
fri (and now sat)
roulettes confirmed on 136.200 doing display
and talking to ground 132.2125

handy having someone down there with close call (and paying attention)

stream on www.MitH.com.au

GD
2007-03-17 06:38:53 UTC
Post by Jason Reilly
From my list of Roulettes freqs used in the past (some taken from
smaller shows, or from a two-ship display)
126.2000 Roulettes
133.7000 Roulettes
133.9000 Roulettes
134.1000 Roulettes
135.5000 Roulettes & Pt Cook tower
257.1000 Roulettes
264.5000 Roulettes
268.8000 Roulettes
288.6000 3 Sqn Zulu & Roulettes
325.8000 Roulettes
335.8000 Roulettes
375.4000 Roulettes
There, that should keep you busy for a while...
Ah, now if only I had that list with me today at the GP (saturday).
Just as I arrived, the Roulettes were doing their display, so I had just
enough time to listen to 133.9 for a minute or so before I went in
the gate - nothing.

I'll try the whole list tomorrow (sunday).